Thank you to all who applied for this post. Please note that we are delayed in processing these applications due to illness and quarantine conditions. If you are short listed expect to hear from us by 26 July.
Based in Mowbray, Cape Town, the TCAE seeks to appoint as soon as possible a:
EDUCATOR & PROGRAMME ASSISTANT
Key responsibilities of this exciting full-time position include:
Curriculum and materials development role
- Assisting in the development of curricula and course material for courses offered by the Centre, as well as material for web-based dissemination, podcasts and weekly lectures, debates, discussions and documentary film screenings.
- Collaborating with activists in the development of materials relevant to their campaigns.
- Research, development of course materials using a range of different media, and bringing in experts, when appropriate, to run sessions.
- Assisting in the planning and facilitation of courses offered by the Centre.
- Using a range of facilitation methodologies, including drawing on the experiences of popular education traditions.
- Working with others to co-ordinate activities run by the Centre – residential activist schools, film showings, political discussions, lectures by visiting experts etc.
- Working with partner organisations to achieve mutual goals.
- Mobilising new partners in line with the strategic direction of the centre.
Minimum qualifications: A relevant university degree or equivalent
Minimum experience: At least 1 – 2 years’ experience. Experience of working in an activist organisation working for social justice, and part of an activist network which aligns with the overall aims of the Centre. Excellent communication and research skills. A strong interest in political education. Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. Curious, imaginative and hardworking
Please email a CV that includes contact details of three (3) referees; and a letter of motivation, detailing how you meet the requirements for this post, and your interest and suitability to work at Tshisimani. Generic letters are strongly advised against.
Kindly send these two documents with ‘(Educator & Programme Assistant)’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 July 2021. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The TCAE is committed to equity in employment practices and is keen to make appointments to meet these objectives. Priority will be given to black applicants. The Centre reserves the right not to make an appointment.